The Overall List of Good Carbs and Bad Carbs
Why should you be bothered with the list of good carbs and bad carbs? When you consume foods and meals, you need to include all the important substances such as mineral, vitamins, fat, protein, and carbs. But you need to know the good carbs vs. bad carbs list so you can avoid the bad ones and include the good ones. Knowing the good substances will help you a lot in improving your health and fitness level.
The Good vs. Bad Carbs
When talking about the list of good carbs and bad carbs, there are the so called good and bad carbs to differentiate the contents. The good carbs are consisting of the so called complex and simple carbs. The complex carb will be broken into glucose or blood sugar and the body will slowly absorb it. When the body absorbs the glucose, it will keep your blood sugar stay low and not fluctuate drastically. It can also supply you with enough energy to keep you running the whole day. Complex carbs are full of vitamins, fiber, and phytonutrients. The simple carbs can be digested quicker and can provide quick boost of energy, in case you need the faster method. On the other hand, the bad carbs usually consists of substances that your body can digest quickly. But since the body digests the substances quickly, there will be drastic spikes in your blood sugar and you can easily get hungry again.
Good Carbs List
When talking about list of good carbs, there are certain foods that you can consume safely without having to worry about weight gain or other medical issues. Brown rice, yams, oatmeal, peas, corn, and whole grain products are included in this list. The list also includes:
- Fruits. All kinds of fruits contain good carbs. Watermelon, peaches, blueberries, grapes, and so many more. Although banana isn’t included in the bad category, it can provide quick energy supply, in case you need one.
- Vegetables. Most veggies are good, including carrots, spinach, cabbage, eggplants, and many more.
- Whole grain products are made from the complete whole grain which is packed with all the important and healthy substances. Be sure to consume meal with 100% whole grain content on the label.
- Beans, nuts, and seeds. Kidney beans, black beans, walnuts, sesame seeds, and many more can slowly release the sugar so they are good for your health.
Bad Carbs List
You also need to know the list of bad carbs so you can avoid such foods in your diet. These foods will be broken down into sugar very fast by the body so you will have glucose fluctuation. In the end, you easily get hungry and the body can’t have the stable glucose level.
- Refined grains. Refined grains are usually made of refined flour that has been stripped off from the healthy content and substance. They are produced more because it is cheaper to make them instead of the whole grain products. White pasta, bread, or spaghetti is the example of such food.
- Sugar. Most processed products contain sugar that can jeopardize your health. Soda, alcoholic beverages, or sweeteners are example of the bad sugary products.
Now that you already know the concept of good carbs and bad carbs, it’s up to you how to manage your life style. It is always good and great to include more fruits, sugar, and beans into your daily consumption. You may not be able to avoid refined products once in a while, but as long as you also include the healthy substances within your diet, you should be fine. Now that you already know about list of good carbs and bad carbs, it’s time for you to sort it out.
Please share this post if this post beneficial for you. Thanks.