Low Calorie Smoothies for Weight Loss Recipes and Tips
The best part of low calorie smoothies for weight loss recipes is that they are generally healthy beverages. They are suitable for light meals, snacks, desserts, or last minute breakfast because of the high nutrition. Besides, healthy low calorie smoothies are delicious meal replacements to curve the appetite and boost the metabolism.
Smoothie recipes for weight loss mostly contain low calorie. The recommended total calories for each serving are no more than 175. Here are some low calorie and healthy smoothie recipes.
- Papaya strawberry smoothie needs ¾ cup of papaya slices, ½ cup of strawberries, ½ cup of nonfat milk, ½ cup of nonfat plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and ½ cup of crushed ice. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Mocha smoothie needs 1 cup of nonfat milk, 1 frozen and sliced medium banana, one or two tablespoons of honey or sugar, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened powder of cocoa, 2 tablespoons of instant coffee, ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of crushed ice or ice cubes. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Lettuce blueberry smoothie needs 1 head of small lettuce, 1 frozen and sliced banana, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, ½ cup of frozen mango, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and ½ or 1 cup of water. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Lettuce melon smoothie needs 10 romaine lettuce (large leaves), 2 cups of cantaloupe slices, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, ½ teaspoon of stevia (optional), and 1 cup of crushed ice. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Strawberry smoothie needs 1 cup of fresh strawberries, one banana, one packet of sugar or stevia, 1 cup of nonfat yogurt, and 2 cups of ice. Blend the ingredients until creamy.
- Banana vanilla shake needs one ½ cups of skim milk, 1 frozen medium banana (sliced and peeled), ½ teaspoon of a vanilla extract (optional), and ¼ teaspoon of an almond extract (optional). Blend the ingredients until smooth, serve with ground cinnamon sprinkles on top.
- Blueberry whirl needs one package of frozen blueberries (12 oz.) or 2 ½ cups of fresh ones, 8 oz. of vanilla yogurt (low fat), ½ cup of orange juice, ½ cup of milk, and 1 teaspoon of a vanilla extract (pure). Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Berry smoothie needs ¼ cup of berries, 4 oz. of skim milk, and 6 oz. of orange juice (calcium fortified). Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Here are some tips of low calorie smoothie recipes for a successful weight loss program.
- Milk is substitutable with water. If it does not taste pleasingly, pick fruit tea, green tea, cinnamon tea, Chaga mushroom tea, plantain leaves tea, raspberry leaves tea, alfalfa tea, fruit juice (unsweetened), yogurt, or nonfat milk. Instead of milk, frozen fruits or crushed ice could help for thicker consistency. It cuts more than 100 calories.
- Swap fruits for more opportunities of lower calorie. Fruits contain very low calorie, actually, unless they are juiced and dried. Lower calorie fruits are apricots, watermelons, lemons, strawberries, papayas, apples, plums, cantaloupes, blackberries, honeydews, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, etc.
- Vegetables, such as cucumbers, carrots, or romaine lettuce, are in general low in calorie, but substituting with lower ones, like spinach, are allowable.
- Artificial sweetener is better than syrup or sweetened dried fruit. Stevia is a very good alternative because of the zero calories.
- If possible, pick low fat ingredient selections.
Low calorie smoothies for weight loss recipes are different from regular smoothies, as their calorie could range from 200 up to 800. Hunting for homemade smoothie recipes is the best option to keep the ingredients and calorie number in check.
Be meticulous on the ingredients of weight loss smoothie to keep it as low in calorie as possible, while making sure that the body gets the substantial nutrients and vitamins. If protein powder is needed, pick whey protein, soy protein, or egg-white protein. Beans, such as garbanzo, black beans, or adzuki, are good to add in all low calorie smoothies for weight loss recipes.
I recommend you to try smoothie recipes from Sensational Smoothies; they have more than 180 healthy smoothie recipes that you can make by yourself. Read the Review of Healthy Sensational Smoothies Recipes right here.
Please share this post if this post beneficial for you. Thanks.