Body Fat Percentage Calculator
Body Fat Percentage Calculator will help you to find out your body fat percentage easily.
Body fat percentage is the percentage of your body weight that consists of fat.
It is recommended to calculate your body fat percentage twice a month or so, especially if you’re interested in lowering your body fat.
The following body fat calculator uses the U.S. Navy Circumference Method where three or four body measurements are fed into a fixed formula to estimate the percentage of your body that is made up of fat.
The measurements need to be accurate to within 0.5cm or 0.25 inches and should be taken as follows:
- Height: taken without shoes
- Neck: taken below the larynx sloping slightly downward at the front
- Waist: for men at navel height, for women at the smallest point
- Hips: (women only) at the largest point
|Interpretation of the results:|
|Body Fat Percentage|
|Minimum amount to stay alive: this is not a healthy range for most people||10-12%||2-4%|
|Lean: mainly found with serious athletes||14-20%||6-13%|
|Ideal: indicates a good level of fitness - a healthy range for most people to shoot for||21-24%||14-17%|
|Average: most people fall somewhere into this category||25-31%||18-25%|
|Overweight or obese||32% plus||25% plus|
Other Nutritional Calculators You Need to Try:
- BMI Calculator
- BMI Calculator for Adults Version 2
- BMI Calculator for Children and Teens
- Daily Calorie Calculator
- Exercise Calorie Calculator
- Ideal Body Weight Calculator for Adults
Please share this post if this post beneficial for you. Thanks.